FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:31 am
UASPG

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I will ask the lounge chef Khun Oum if I may take a photo of the cheese package! No, seriously, very high quality stuff and during the holidays (12/24-1/2) the Brie was with truffles.

I thought they were pretty good at replenishing items immediately when running out.
I think that I've gained some weight just by looking at all the pictures you have been posting those last few days.I'll probably gain some more when I'll be at the hotel in the next couple of weeks.

What I recall from a discussion with the Sr Executive Sous-chef, is that most of those cheeses are made in Thailand, sometime by expats. Some are not bad, but the lounge at the Westin has (had?) the real thing.
Another very good selection (in a dedicated room) was at the Sofitel on Sukhumvit (but it's been a couple of years since I had a lunch there) and I was told by a Marriott Executive Chef, that has worked in Bangkok for a long time, that the Millennium Hilton had also an incredible selection, also in a 'Cheese room'. I don't know if this is still the case, but I found that 2016 video:

I would guess that the So Sofitel has something similar.

Last edited by UASPG; Jan 7, 2019 at 8:39 am