FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:54 am
lewin85

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Thanks! It sounds lovely! And yet, mostly lost on me as a typically provincial American breakfast lover. I can appreciate how visitors from other cultures may appreciate that tremendous diversity on offer. I also assume others can appreciate how most of that would creep me out for this American for breakfast. I love experimenting with food...but not for breakfast.

I may be biased towards Le Meridien having probably spent many nights there over the past couple years. At Le Meridien you could sample probably 5 of more different types of cuisine for breakfast if you so wish. Not that it matters to me as I usually default to Nasi Lemak also or just eggs and toast. Roast beef or lamb are still on rotation. Sometimes they also have salt-baked fish and that sausage thing. I've seen Americans like yourself flabbergasted on the sheer diversity on offer. Most would end up just reaching for the toast. :-) The happy hour lounge offerings are amazing as well. Easily can have dinner there daily if you wish. Multiple hot items from different cuisine that changes daily depending on which hotel restaurant is hosting that night. For a business long term stay Le Meridien is just tremendous value for money.

St Regis' rooms can't be beat though. Even the base room I understand are more spacious compared to most typical hotels. Although service wise can't be compared to St Regis NYC. For example the butlers are less polished though I don't think many properties can compare to the flagship and service never is a strong suit in this part of the world (no incentive for tips maybe?) Did not see Nasi Lemak today morning. There's just some fried rice and fried noodles. The Brasserie is a beautiful restaurant and is peace and quiet compared to Le Meridien during busy periods. There's just 3 other tables when I was there.

Lastly I want to mention that there is a easy way to get from KL sentral to St Regis that don't require you to navigate any difficult terrain or cross any heavy traffic. You will need a MRT card as it requires that you go into the Muzium Negara MRT station from the KL sentral side, then exit from the only other exit/entrance. You will see St Regis clearly marked on the signs as you exit. It will cost 80 cents to walk through the station but exiting entrance A will bring you to the St Regis residence/hotel parking entrance and 2 minutes walk to the back entrance of the hotel. I understand from the front desk that there is actually a direct entrance from within the station that don't require you to walk outside at all but they keep it shut for some reason.

Last edited by lewin85; Jan 7, 2019 at 1:56 am Reason: added notes