FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qmiles/Qcredits upgrade on booking with other airlines' FFP?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:00 am
Inzaghi22

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Originally Posted by kornner
I'm looking to book flights with QR in J, but this time I want to credit miles and points to BAEC instead, due to massive QRPC devaluation and terrible customer service.

I have some expiring qmiles/qcredits in my old QRPC account that I wish I could use, but would it be possible to upgrade a flight using qmiles/qcredits but still earn original booking cabin/ticket class to BAEC? I'm eyeing the CDG-DOH sector J to F upgrade. (Might need to risk requesting it at the airport still...)

Does anybody have an experience on this? I suspect QR's online tools will not allow it, but would a phone agent know better?

Would it also be possible for me to assign QRPC number to only to a sector I wish to upgrade, while the rest being BAEC's, to process the upgrade?

I understand that this is quite tricky but any tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks!
I have exactly the same. Booked a normal Qatar economy ticket, then upgraded with QMiles and QCredits to Business. Afterwards, I changed the frequent flyer number to my BAEC number - on the qatar website. I guess crediting to BAEC should work... However, I can finally tell you in two weeks when I'm back ;-)