FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta AmEx MQM Whoops
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:03 pm
daloosh

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Hankle
Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to take the rollover and requalify, which isn't the end of the world, really -- I'm just frustrated that I made such an obvious mistake with regard to the AmEx spending since I had planned everything else out so exactly.
Bummer Hankle, it sucks when you make a mistake that in retrospect seems obvious, but we've all done it. I try to hit the bonus and then overshoot it by nearly a grand each year, just because I'm worried about my count, about whether there will be any returns, about whether end of year purchases post in December, all that. On the other hand, this means with the rollover you are well on your way to requal for 2020!

Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
While I'm not sure exactly what point you're making, I don't want to give off the notion that if you spend enough and are annoying enough but simply miscalculated your spend with returns or whatever, you're gonna get Amex to relent.
It's not aimed at you, wilsonnyc, what I believe Rene is griping about is that Delta looked to be cleaning up the Diamond ranks by imposing the $250K Amex spend for an MQD waiver, but now Delta is giving out a one-time exception to the $250K spend like candy, woohoo! In fact, I just asked for an exception today...

Last edited by daloosh; Jan 6, 2019 at 11:11 pm