FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19))
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:02 pm
mehitabel

Originally Posted by geometry
what's the legroom like for seats 19A or 19L in premium economy on 777-300ER? Can someone who's 6'3" fully extend his legs?

or is he better off selecting exit row window or aisle for now to guarantee unlimited legroom?

thanks!
I sat in the PP bulkhead on a 777-300ER this weekend, though in my case the first PE row was 20. There were miles of legroom - seriously, about the most I've ever seen in a Y bulkhead. I ended up in 20C, the aisle seat in the middle section. One downside of those center seats--which you won't experience in either of the flanking 2-seaters--is that the distance from seat to bulkhead is so great many pax treat it like a cross-over highway between aisles. I'd definitely choose the bulkhead AB or KL seats over any others in that PP cabin, both for legroom and privacy.

To answer your original question, the guy next to me was over 6', and his feet didn't begin to touch the wall. The seats are wider than E+ seats, though the wider armrests leave the seat itself close to regular E width. The recline is greater at 7", and there are questionably useful footrests. So yes, take PP over the exit row. I'm not sure the total experience is worth the extra expense down the road, though. I'd probably spring for the 2-seaters, but not for center PP seats except on a redeye or very long flight.

As a different data point, I'm Platinum, and didn't get bumped from the PP section.

Last edited by mehitabel; Jan 6, 2019 at 10:29 pm