FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:28 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Just in case all you Platinums want to know how the other half live...

I stayed here for two days in peak, peak season over New Year. It's my 6th stay and the first that I've not been upgraded to the huge suite with the entertainment room. I've had this suite on previous occasions when the lounge has spilled over into the conference room opposite. But this time, no huge suite upgrade.

I was not upgraded at all.

Got the most basic room which at this hotel is really basic. What surprised me is that they don't even have tea/coffee facilities in these basic rooms. Not even a sachet of Nescafe instant coffee. No kettle. Nothing. The mini bar was also empty. How the other half live eh?

All the other Platinum benefits of course were the same and the service in the lounge is excellent. The lounge wasn't as crowded as it has been other times I've stayed and I ate and drank in the bar area as is my preference.

I do like this hotel with its 4000 rooms but for 35k points a night (rate was about MOP2000+ when I booked it) and to get this basic room it's not good value at all. Cash rates and redemptions have crept up over the last few years. I remember when it was 7000 SPG points and reliably MOP850+ a night only a few years ago. Supply and demand eh.

Maybe have to try the Marriott next time. I imagine they do have coffee in the rooms.