FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:07 am
rogo

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by where2travel
I thought I'd just done fairly badly at the Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs, but yours takes the biscuit.

Pick a number between 1 and 9, apparently each one corresponds to a different gift. The check-in assistant went off behind the scenes for a bit and came back with a bath bomb (which was number 8 if the match of number to different prize is genuine).

Zero Spire benefits as well, although I may be able to get a late checkout if I call on the day we leave.
Originally Posted by Bartolo

Pathetic. At least useable. Hope it was at least a good brand.

Monaco DC gave me a branded glass (1) a while back. 👎. They (Kimptonj should either do it properly or give it up. I am surprised by the huge differences between hotels within the group.
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Yup. The Kimpton Minneapolis gave me a straight $45 credit to my bill + a gift basket containing Surly Beer, Gummy Bears, and Popcorn. And this dude gets a bar of soap. That is unbelievable, no excuse for that!
We debated whether to take the soap with us! I suppose that made it a conversation piece, albeit not in the way Kimpton would hope, "Boy, this is the worst ever 'benefit' that's supposed to be cool and fun."

Gummy bears and popcorn sound amazing by comparison.

Oh, and while we aren't Spire and the hotel was packed and we couldn't get much checkout extension (11 --> 12), it was a lovely place. We'd go back. Just wouldn't expect a damn thing from the password.