FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by swbink02
I have been reading this thread and am hoping to get some help. I have a ticket booked for July. I am reading the terms and conditions for cancellations and changes. I am hoping to get some clarification. If I want to change this booking keeping the origin and destination the same but just changing the date, there is a $100 change fee. If it is re-booked in the same book in class which would be ”A and J” Will be Ferebee you reprice based upon the current cost? When I read the following terms and conditions it says that in the historical fair price can be used and that the fair could be higher, equal or lower. I am a newbie concerning this and would appreciate any advice if I am looking to change the dates of travel but try not to have to pay the fare increase.

RE-PRICE WITH BELOW OPTIONS AND PROVIDE THE BEST FARE TO PASSENGER - 1. IF SAME ROUTING AND BOOKING CLASS - USE ANY CX/KA HISTORICAL FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MAY BE EQUAL/HIGHER OR LOWER THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET OR 2. IF SAME ROUTING BUT DIFFERENT BOOKING CLASS - USE ANY CX/KA HISTORICAL FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN ‡ PREVIOUS TICKET OR 3. USE ANY CURRENT CX/KA FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET. --------------- AFTER DEPARTURE --------------- RE-PRICE WITH BELOW OPTIONS AND PROVIDE THE BEST FARE TO PASSENGER - 1. IF SAME ROUTING AND BOOKING CLASS - USE ANY CX/KA HISTORICAL FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MAY BE EQUAL/HIGHER OR LOWER THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET OR 2. USE ANY HISTORICAL CX/KA FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET.
Originally Posted by sxc
It appears any attempt to change the dates of these tickets WILL require a reprice:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...l#post30607409
Welcome to the forum. If you have a look at this above link to the relevant thread in the mileage run forum, it appears CX is repricing the fare if you attempt to change the dates.