FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:16 pm
swbink02

Programs: delta skymiles SM
I have been reading this thread and am hoping to get some help. I have a ticket booked for July. I am reading the terms and conditions for cancellations and changes. I am hoping to get some clarification. If I want to change this booking keeping the origin and destination the same but just changing the date, there is a $100 change fee. If it is re-booked in the same book in class which would be ”A and J” Will be Ferebee you reprice based upon the current cost? When I read the following terms and conditions it says that in the historical fair price can be used and that the fair could be higher, equal or lower. I am a newbie concerning this and would appreciate any advice if I am looking to change the dates of travel but try not to have to pay the fare increase.

RE-PRICE WITH BELOW OPTIONS AND PROVIDE THE BEST FARE TO PASSENGER - 1. IF SAME ROUTING AND BOOKING CLASS - USE ANY CX/KA HISTORICAL FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MAY BE EQUAL/HIGHER OR LOWER THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET OR 2. IF SAME ROUTING BUT DIFFERENT BOOKING CLASS - USE ANY CX/KA HISTORICAL FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN ‡ PREVIOUS TICKET OR 3. USE ANY CURRENT CX/KA FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET. --------------- AFTER DEPARTURE --------------- RE-PRICE WITH BELOW OPTIONS AND PROVIDE THE BEST FARE TO PASSENGER - 1. IF SAME ROUTING AND BOOKING CLASS - USE ANY CX/KA HISTORICAL FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MAY BE EQUAL/HIGHER OR LOWER THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET OR 2. USE ANY HISTORICAL CX/KA FARE FOR RE-PRICE AND NEW TICKET MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN THE PREVIOUS TICKET.