FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's up with EK Business?
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:10 pm
aceboy44

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Speedbird48
I have not flown nearly enough airlines to determine a "worlds best airline". In fact I have only flown three intercontinental long haul Business Class products. Considering just a couple weeks ago I flew on Lufthansa's Business class (Which had 67 seats rather than EKs 42 I must add, and on a 9 hour flight, meaning the crew should have been more rushed than the Emirates crew) and comfortably slept in a fully flat bed, with a place to put both of my shoes, glasses, my phone, my amenity kit, and a hand bag, a crew who didn't try to make me shove food down my throat, and who didn't simply assume I didn't want a service when it had never been offered, I would say Emirates can in no way be the "Worlds Best Airline". Honestly, you simply cannot call a long haul J product competitive when it doesn't have a flat bed. I could 't find any pockets, drawers, etc to put my phone and bag. On my previous flight, I was asked to place my shoes in a compartment behind the other seat, but the compartments were so small that I would have needed to use both to fit both my shoes in there. There was also nowhere to put my my bedding, but that is a nitpick. The only storage area I found on the seat was the armrest. I did end up asking for duty free and desert, but the point is you shouldn't have to. I don't know about you, but considering I am not a drinker or big movie watcher, for me the cabin crew are the only people who can make me feel welcome or unwelcome on an airplane. It is their job to represent the airline. I did not realize it was a touch screen, as the flight I took before the long haul was on an older aircraft without touch screens and a control tablet. One of the downsides of the bulkhead was not being able to reach the screen, but at least I had somewhere to stretch my legs without hitting a wall!

Out of curiosity, what makes you say EK is the "world's best airline"?
As previously mentioned the EK business class cabin is not up to par with the competition so I understand your frustrations regarding the seat/cabin/storage/etc, so if these things were crucial to you perhaps first class would've been a better experience for you? Despite knowing this (and having flown a variety of reputable airlines on long-haul business class) I continue to fly EK since I enjoy my experience with EK. I enjoy the lounges I experience before my flight, I enjoy the IFE, I enjoy being appreciated for being a loyal passenger (YMMV,) I enjoy the spacious and comfortable economy class seats on all of their aircraft, and most importantly I enjoy the amenity kits/pijamas served to first class passengers and I enjoy showering on their A380 fleet. Having flown a variety of reputable airlines I never found an airline that provides me the EK experience, which is why I'm loyal to them.

If cabin crew is your main concern regarding flying then I strongly recommend you try Qatar Airways, as my personal experience with them regarding cabin crew was extraordinary.