FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:46 am
englisha

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09

How did you find the FWV and WV with your kids, particularly your youngest? Was one villa type better than the other? How safe was it? We were gonna stay in a DBV but I’d love to go back to a WV (we stayed in a RWV and WV previously on our last 2 trips - before we became parents so at the time I wasn’t really thinking of how kid-friendly they are). Thanks!
The family water villa was amazing and the kids had there own room. I went with low expectations with the OWV but was pleasantly surprised with it. They put 2 extra beds in the room which was fine for us and I found the room comfortable for us all. Obviously, the main concern for a parent is the decking and how safe it is for children. We didn't allow our kids to go down the stairs into the water as they were slippery in both rooms. Actually, when they saw crabs at the bottom of the stairs, it was enough to put them off anyway. However, they enjoyed the whirlpool in both and I didnt feel it was unsafe at any time. That being said, I don't think there was a point during either stay that we had them outside alone. Both kids loved the kids club and both kids wanted to go there all the time, so we didnt spend a lot of time on the decking with them to be fair.