FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta picked me up in a Porsche
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:24 pm
Qwkynuf

Originally Posted by Paplover
I have gotten several this year, mainly in SEA. Usually there is not a crunch for connection times, usually over an hour and they took us to the Sky Club. On New Year's Day at SEA I had a 40 minute connection with a paid pet in cabin and we had to go from S gates to A4. Surprised to see the Porsche there ready to take me to A4, Asked them to take me to the Sky Club instead so I could hit the Pet Relief area before heading to the gate and they were happy to drop me off. Got to the gate during Zone 1 boarding. It really saved me on that trip.
More or less the same for me. 3 times in the last 12 months at SEA. Two of them were for 35 minute connections with a delayed inbound that shortened to ~20 minutes, once I had a 2 hours + connection where they walked me up the outside stairs to the A concourse Sky Club.

It's definitely not every time though. During that same period I have had probably 15-20 short connections in SEA, including one where the inbound was late and they didn't have a gate for us, so they parked at a "cargo pad" and bussed us to the B concourse. There were 2 Porsches waiting when I got off of the plane, but neither was for me. I had to wait for the bus to fill, ride to the terminal, then take the train around to the A gates. Last one on board and door closed behind me. The nice thing was that the GA said "We've been waiting for you, Mr Qwkynuf! as I speedwalked up to the gate area. I told them that I wasn't sure that I was going to make it due to the time on the train, etc, and they said that they knew that I was on my way and weren't worried.