FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Op-ups on *A partner flights for UA elites
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:36 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by whipwhitaker
In 2013 and 2014 I was upgraded as a *G on MCO-FRA by LH, both times booked in the cheapest booking class. The first time around, I already saw the upgrade at OLCI and was able to select a J-seat, the second time around when I scanned my BP at the gate, the little seat change tag came out.

Last year my wife and I got upgraded (with just me being *G) on LHR-BRU, operated as codeshare by SN. Upon boarding the gate agent gave us new boarding passes with a handwritten “NO MEAL” note on them. Fortunately, we were offered something to eat anyway (or we wouldn’t have survived that 35 minute flight)...
Remembering the good old times. That 35 minutes LHR-BRU flight on Sabena was having a real good meal. The food plate came with a small bottle of red wine but you still could ask for a small bottle of Champagne (or two) and take the red wine home.

I have never been upgraded on LH as a *G when it was coming from the US Airways side. And I will not be feel bad when in March I'm not upgraded on an 1 hour flight.