FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many trusted traveler programs can I sign up for?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:14 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redct
Starting this thread out of idle curiosity. As a US citizen and member of Global Entry, how many trusted traveler programs can I become a member of? I'm counting a trusted traveler program here as one that lets you enter/exit a country with minimal human interaction, so put another way, how many countries can I enter without potentially talking to anyone?

I currently count 12, including the US:
Country - Cost - Prerequisites - Name
  1. Australia - $0 - None - SmartGate
<snip>
Originally Posted by sansnom_noname
New Zealand also has an eGate program similar to Australia's SmartGate. There is no prerequisite other than holding one of the eligible passports (which include US). Cost is also $0.
Australia & New Zealand smartgate is not a "trusted traveler programs can I sign up for". Smartgate is nothing to do with USA global entry. No (prior) sign up needed. It is just the normal entry method for a large portion of travellers. Others go to a desk with an immigration officer for clearance to enter. Smartgate is mainly a automated cost saving (vs risk) program.
Smartgate at Australia & NZ immigration Click to open the wiki