FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:57 pm
gcuk

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Definilogy

Thank you for your reply.

But the sole reason why my question was so open ended was because I have struggled to find any previous history of TP runs from MAN-HKG mentioned in this forum?

It it is very hard for a beginner to even start draft an itinerary when there is no example to reference to, which is exactly I am merely asking a few pointers to which stopovers suggestions. I’m more than happy to draft my own itinerary afterwards.
Hi @Definilogy
We're usually a friendly bunch here and as a new poster you're usually allowed some latitude so I presume other posters have missed your low post count and that you only joined in December.

I'm no expert on TP runs but pleased to see you're interested in the maximising TP game. Assuming you're talking about business class, MAN-HKG on Cathay would earn you 140TP each way, or a total of 280TP. If you did BA via London that adds an extra 80TPs return so a total of 360TP.

Another option would be MAN-Helsinki-HKG on Finnair as the MAN-Helsinki leg earns 80TP so that totals 440TP . You may also try MAN-Doha-HKG on Qatar as that creates two sectors greater than 2000 miles each direction so would earn you 560TP return. If you tried routing the Helsinki and Doha routes through Heathrow you would add an additional 80TPs return. I have no idea what fares those routes will be though.

Good luck with your quest. Hopefully someone cleverer than me can give you some more pointers and I hope you continue to post on the BA board.
Do let us know what you find.