FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd revenue management practices emerging?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:24 pm
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by airb330
Indeed. If I am spending 7K of my own money on J travel, I am going to Asia. I can survive PHL-CDG on the a332 even in Y. However, UA for $450 or AA for $1,250 isn't a hard decision either. Again kudos to AA and PHL for getting people to pay some of these rates. I'll drive the extra 50 minutes to EWR if the price discrepancy is that high, especially with Gold benefits being so low on transatlantic flights.

Of course this is anecdotal, I didn't look at every European route for every weekend, but I saw this often enough.
I rode in a PE seat as MCE (so, not a PE service experience) on a 777 from Miami to DFW a couple of months ago. I am flying to Genoa and returning from Milan (MXP) in June on Lufthansa via DFW-FRA
I found the Lufthansa fare at $1495, so I grabbed it. AA wanted $2400+ Has anyone experienced both AA and Lufthansa in PE? I cannot imagine a $900-1000 benefit to fly AA. AA had be connecting to ORD or JFK, I believe and I'd rather not connect in the US, especially on the flight back. The only negatives I see so far is no lounge excess and only 1 bag instead of my normal 2 (actually the fare I got has me with 2 free checked bags to Europe, and 1 for the return)