FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:24 pm
SuperKirby

Originally Posted by Red259
Agreed. The blogs are usually the reason most deals die. Sure some people research FT and learn these things or go on reddit or whatever, but the blogs blast it out there to a much larger audience who probably are not going to go digging for all the details. The end result is many many more people taking advantage and when a large number of people take advantage that us when Amex takes action because the cost to them becomes too much. Nothing wrong with sharing information but blogs just spoon feed lazy people in the name of clicks.
Maybe Amex surely knows about their unfix GC error, however this error is the main reason I keep the Plat. $200 credit/$200 Uber credit, effectively makes my Plat $150 a year. I only use the Plat for lounges, and I don't mind paying $150 a year for it, I just don't think I could justify keeping it for $350/year (if the GC error goes away).
So not sure how many people are in my boat, but it may be a good thing for Amex.