FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dual Citizen which passport for OLCI?
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:08 pm
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bartolo
I asked a similar question more than a year ago. Advice given was excellent and has worked well with no issues. Use my Canadian passport with AC. Use my EU passport (at passport control) to exit/enter EU countries.

After Canada started requing entry visas I had huge difficulty checking in with AC, despite having contacted them to change the passport info for return flight from EU to Canada. Online check-in couldn’t be done. At the airport a very capable AC agent also had trouble and it took close to an hour to fix.

I have never been flagged on arrival in the EU (��) and used the electronic gates several times as well as gates with an actual person. Just remember which passport to use and put the other one away.
Also what I do. Not only if going to a Schengen country, but also to places which require a visa from Canadians but don't from EU people. Or for countries requiring a visa, if I happen to have a visa in the EU passport. I might try that next time I go to China given the current context...