FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IB Avios Credit Card Fraud Rejection
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:00 pm
buschoi

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nov11
I am trying to buy a VY award ticket for myself using IB Avios but it keeps rejecting my CC (saying that there was suspicious activity on my card) and cannot be processed at this time. I've tried it two days in a row but it's still being rejected. I've checked with 2 different CCs and they told me that my CC works fine and I used it in between those few transactions.

I called IB+ service center and they told me they can't do anything about it, but if I need to use their service, a 25€ fee will apply and they won't waive it.

Does anybody have any experience in this? Cheers and Happy New Year!
Not that I can help, but I would share my own experience.

I got in on the 90,000 Avios promo. Following the T&C, I was trying to use up the miles for real flights. I tried for days to book IB and VY flights on IB's website. Every single try, my credit cards were rejected. I tried more than 20 cards, from Visa to Mastercard to AMEX, and none worked. I tried debit card. I even tried my parents' cards which were issued from another country outside of the US. I called, and of course no meaningful help was given.

For one flight, I gave up and just bought the VY tickets with my credit card without Avios on VY's website. Magically my card worked flawlessly in my first try.
For another flight, I simply bought tickets with Air Europa.
About the Avios? I just transferred all of them to BA. My IB account does have a negative balance, but I don't really care at this point since I can never buy tickets or redeem Avios from my IB account with a credit card anyway.