FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The babybus (Sweden<> East Coast) Fare meetup thread
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:45 pm
Will100

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by bisonrav
There seem to be a couple of groups coalescing around the ex Sweden fares to the east coast. One with the BA1 leg on the 5th June, and another on the 2nd August, both Fridays. It seems there are 5 seats already taken on the 2nd, which include myself and another FTer. Anyone else, make yourself known. It's not that easy to get to the East coast for a grand in CW, so can potentially be used as the basis for an actual stay (perish the thought!).

My routing is as below, I'll set up a wiki too..

I couldn't squeeze out the full 680 TPs which are theoretically available, seems I hit some limit or other as the pricing is trebled after you press the "pay" button. If you're playing with the fare, it will price via bookwithmatrix all the way through into the AA website, but there is a reprice at the last moment. The way of knowing whether this will happen or not is to look at whether there is a flight network price on the first page of bookwithmatrix. If there is a price, AA will be OK. If not, the fare will be repriced. As of just now (when I checked) this routing was pricing OK.

My routing avoids overnighting in New York which is a little expensive, and it gets me onto the top deck of a 747 on the way back, which I've never done so looking forward to that. You can start in GOT (or open jaw between GOT and ARN I think) and can also route back through PHL or BOS. I think you can get both HEL shuffles plus a maximum of three internal US flights, that seemed to be the limit I hit. In principle you can take a standard LHR flight over instead of the babybus which might give you more options (some possibility the Shannon hop is confusing the transfer limit calculation on the babybus).

I like that price! Any idea what period those fares are valud for?