FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costa Rica Car Rental Experiences
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:42 pm
klakhav

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Originally Posted by AndrewOnTheRoad
How did you get the letter from your credit card company showing coverage?

I sent Chase a secure message last night asking for a letter we can show the rental car agency to prove that our Sapphire Preferred provides primary CDW coverage for rental cars rented by us in Costa Rica. The response was one that said yes your card benefits provide CDW insurance but for a letter please contact Visa at XYZ phone number.

Others I've seen post here on Flyetalk seem to indicate that they got a letter from their credit card issuer like Chase so I'm curious, which specific department or method of contacting chase.

I plan to try by actually calling them next but I don't have high hopes of that getting anywhere.

We have a reservation with Vamos. I found their website to be easy to navigate and clearly explain the various cverages and requirements.

Thanks!
How was your rental experience with Vamos? Did you had to buy additional insurance and if yes, how many dollars per day?
I have had horrific experiences in CR. Once you get on the bus and get to their location, there is no way out and they will add addtional 'mandatory' insurance coverage or you do not get the car.

If anyone has been able to get around this issue, please post here the name of the rental company in San Jose, I am certain we can benefit from it.

Thanks