FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading to DL Reserve AMEX, effect on MQM boosts/certificate timing etc
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:50 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by rogo
That seems like awfully risky for me to be the guinea pig on.
Agree. My paid membership doesn't end until April so I don't need to worry about it this year (It should be for a couple more years but Delta decided to hose diamonds with a paid membership by not extending it) and I'll definitely have of $50K in on my one platinum before then and can upgrade to the reserve but it would be nice in future years to be able to do the reverse. I guess I'll have to keep one of my cards as a reserve until I get the $50K spend in and then downgrade the reserve, only problem is I can get in a LOT of spend in January and don't want to risk that spend not counting towards the reserve spend.

If I have for example $87K in spend in before I upgrade a platinum (just due to waiting on the statement to close for the two 10K MQM booasts) will the additional $20K carry over and count towards my $30K for my 15K MQMs or does the timer start over at zero on the date the card is upgraded. I'm trying to keep my spending on the Am Ex cards limited to $250K total for the diamond waiver just because the value of a skypeso/$ charged isn't that great.