FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Years Roll-Over
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:12 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JBord
This all sounds right, but it made me wonder what happens when parents book two rooms, one for the children. I don't have kids so we've never done this, but can the parent get credit for 2 rooms? Or could he book one in the kid's name and account number as long as he's there at check in?

I only wonder about it because you can set up an account for a baby on an airline and they'll get miles/points if they're sitting in a seat. Perhaps hotels don't even let you have any account if under 18?
The best way to handle this is to book one room under your account and the second room under your spouse's account. That way you maximize the nights credited. You can leave the points separate if you want, or have all the points from one room moved to the other by asking the front desk to move all charges over, but expect some hiccups when nights don't post because there are no charges (some night auditors just don't get it at times).

As for the member must pay, there was a few posting where the property denied credit because the spouse paid for the room. I believe that was resolved in favor of the member and suspect if a parent paid for the room, it would get credited to the member as well (providing the child had an account).