FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2019 master thread)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:57 am
acoburn73

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by econometrics
It's a bit cumbersome, but that's basically what I do as well for my LHR flights.
Funny - one of the flights I'm interested in shows a C seat available on ExpertFlyer, but when I search AA.com for the same flight, no systemwide upgrade link shows. I thought it was because it won't show due to only one seat being open, and I'm booking for two people, so I tried a quick one-person round trip flight from DFW-FCO on that exact flight and still nothing, even though EF shows one available as an award/upgrade C seat.

EDIT: Just logged out of AA and back in and did a one PAX booking model for DFW-FCO on that day - it now shows as a business upgrade available systemwide seat. I have all of my EF alerts set to two seats, so it looks like it's accurate! If I had just bought those tickets on Monday for the PHL-FCO leg that showed C available for SWUs, I'd not be messing around with this! :-)