FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:34 am
Cambo

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by navylad
As I said Upthread, loyal frequent flyers represent only a small percentage of the business (I could make up a random figure to support an argument like some have done on this thread but I won’t). Across programmes, only 1 in 5 members of loyalty programmes are active, or which only 2% are equivalent of Emerald. This number is tiny compared to the number of people moved daily by a major airline such as CX and those not tied in to loyalty programmes find it far easier to switch airlines
I have some figures for you: On a low yield LH leg (EUR-HKG), I verified on the number of DM's several times, which was over 30%. That's for the number of DM's, let alone the Golds in J. I do leave out the Silver and lower, because it's that easy to reach that level, when flying J. This leg does not have F. For SH destinations, DM percentage in J cabin can go up significantly.

Yes, in the galley, there is a seat overview displayed, which includes name, meal pref and DM status.

Higher qualified loyalty members need to be active, otherwise, their loyalty status will be lost. In your reasoning, you mixup the Booking class with loyalty program.
As such, when F/J inventory gets wiped out for a whole year, that does influence the higher tier FF quite a lot, to put it mildly. Non-active FF don't count in a situation like this.