FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:54 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by oldmanbob
Quick question... I am going to use points to take the wife and I from Charlotte to London, via Raleigh one way, and then Paris to Charlotte via JFK for our return , all on AA planes, flying business class both ways. I read that I should arrive at least 3 hrs early for international travel and figured I could bide my extra waiting time in the Admirals clubs after checking in.
On the AA website, the Admiral club rules I was reading says the clubs are open to first and business class on international travel, but then has an asterisk at the end of the sentence. The asterisk says ... *Departing flight must be the same day or before 6 a.m. the following day. Non-revenue passengers aren’t eligible." Because I am flying on reward points, is that considered non rev .. thus making the wife and I unable to use the club whiles we wait for our flights? Or is non rev referring to the folks that are flying on vouchers or employee travel only?
Thanks in advance!
The “non-rev” term doesn’t include passengers flying on Awards. You’ll be fine and have access to Admirals Clubs at CLT, RDU (If there is one, I can’t recall) and at CDG (or Cathay Business Lounge on the return and JFK Club or Flagship Lounge. Enjoy.