FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:57 pm
NetJets Germany

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by mrow

My statement is a correct interpretation of the OneWorld guesting rules for people with elite status or for people holding a ticket in First Class.

I agree that the Cathay Pacific site does not stipulate that guests must be travelling on a OneWorld airline, however in general I have always found that guests have needed to be travelling on a OneWorld airline to be admitted into a OneWorld lounge regardless of whether I was guesting based on the fact that I am flying in First or due to the fact I hold OneWorld emerald status.

I havent tried to guest anyone into a Cathay Pacific lounge recently so this requirement may not hold true for CX, but it certainly applies to guesting into AA, BA, QR and QF lounges regardless of whether I was guesting based on flying First or my OneWorld emerald status.

This is correct. CX Premium or status pax are only allowed to guest pax into the CX lounge if the guest also travels on CX or another OW airline.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 2, 2019 at 10:26 pm Reason: Conform quote TOS 12