FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Corporate Security takes aim at my circuitous routing (ticket validity)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:42 pm
BA707

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Yes. If anything, AA should be asking you to compensate them for the hours of agent time spent working on your wacky itinerary. How many hours have you spent with agents after every schedule change, depriving them of working with other customers? It would surely be a lot less if your itinerary was limited to a couple segments.
Thanks for replying but I respectfully disagree.

From what I can tell, this fare in particular has been offered since 2015 which was booked directly on the aa.com website.

I can understand equipment and airport slot changes but why does AA need to significantly overhaul it? I've never seen any other carrier make as significant, or as frequent changes as AA has over a 7 month period. While some are slight changes (+/- 20 minutes), some are hours / frequency changes and in almost all cases, completely different flight numbers.

If AA didn't overhaul it, reservations staff wouldn't need to rebook (almost) every segment.