FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:20 pm
iadisgreat

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by singal3
They will not be able to make a $100 change currently because "A" "I" "D" "C" inventory (depending on which fare you booked) is zeroed out for Ex-Vietnam routes to the US (at least the ones I checked).
Oh tricky tricky, my flights are J A A J, so they could marry the segments so that A is always 0 when connecting from Vietnam to the US (and vice versa) to disallow changes without violating the fare rules. Alternatively, they may just never open A again on those flights that are sold out of A now, also disallowing changes unless you happen to find a day where A isn't 0.

I did find one day at least where the former is the case - 2/14/19 has A1 on 846 to JFK; however, if you search for DAD/HAN/SGN to JFK, A0 shows. Whether this is typical behavior by CX (I checked BKK-JFK and 846 is A1, so I am guessing they married the segments for Vietnam) or a way to limit changes is unknown to me.

Last edited by iadisgreat; Jan 2, 2019 at 5:31 pm