FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:02 pm
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Great pics!

Originally Posted by CMK10
The Pork Ballotine was good though I'm not sure what that weird Finnish roll I selected was.
It's called karjalanpiirakka or Karelian pasty. A thin rye crust and a rice porridge filling. Speciality from eastern Finland. Typically, you'd put some eggbutter (combo of butter and hard-boiled eggs) on it, but you can enjoy it with butter only, or add a slice of ham, too. Quite good.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Halfway decent omelet. I do wish that a flight with a 5:15 PM arrival had a lunch/dinner type meal instead of breakfast.
Me, too. I completely fail to understand AY's logic here, and it has bothered me many times.

Leave NYC in the late afternoon, have dinner, arrive Finland in the morning and have breakfast. OK.

But leave Finland at midnight, have late dinner, arrive Singapore 12 hours later in the afternoon and have – what, breakfast? They serve the meal roughly 90-120 minutes prior to landing. If they go by Singapore time, it's late lunch time and if by Finnish time, it's early lunch time. That breakfast is screaming jetlag all over the place.