FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most common hotel chain in the world
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:04 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by chunky649

Hotels.com: Price is not terrible,and has an effective 10% discount with their "stay 10 get 1 free" program. However, recently, I found it is not very good:
1. There seem to be very frequent coupons that you can get 10% off your booking, which disqualifies you from the stay counting for the free night.
2. Lots of hotels do not quality for redemption of the free night. I believe most chain hotels don't count.
3. In the last year or 2, I found that Priceline EXPRESS DEAL is more than 10% cheaper for the same room or similar quality rooms in USA. Now that there is a CHROME add-on to tell you which hotel is actually provided in the EXPRESS DEAL, it makes the express deal even better. The only problem with EXPRESS DEAL is that in most cases, you can't pick 2-beds

There's a reason for the 10% off your booking promotion - Hotels.com tends to be 10% more expensive than Agoda.com, which does not give free nights. So that would make the price the "same" but not have the hook of having you book additional nights to get the "free night."

Thanks for the tip on Chrome extension, will see if I can make it work, that would be great if it really worked ^