FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2019 master thread)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:44 pm
acoburn73

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite
Random but related question:

When looking for or periodically checking AA.com for long haul SWUs, what is the AA system's typical update / release schedule? What I mean is, rather than check the website for a particular flight from US to Rome (or other international city) only to find there still not an available SWU for those flights showing as available at booking, is there a time that any of you have seen they typically refresh and release, or are they completely random and checking a few times per day isn't a bad thing? If it's just once per 24 hours at a set time at night, then I'll just check each morning. If it's random and can be anytime (e.g., one of you has been on in the morning, observed no SWUs, then checked later and SWUs were showing on same flight), then I'll keep checking a few times per day.

Trying to get back that flight I lost due to spacing the hold deadline over the weekend - was available at booking, but then gone the next day.

Thanks!