FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:40 am
frisbfreek

Programs: Marriott Gold, AA, United, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Would anyone have input on the time needed / complexity of transferring at Hanoi airport to a Cathay flight? For example, coming in from Bangkok and trying to catch a 7.50 pm flight on Cathay on to Hong Kong, what time is safe for an arrival time into Hanoi? 2 hours? 4 hours? more?
Doing airport pickup arrival eVisa.
Does one need to exit security and pick up their bags and recheck, or can one check bags all the way through?
Any insights appreciated.
Thank you!
Originally Posted by Granite64
Same here, thinking about doing the turnaround with KA; 55 minutes is pretty tight though..
I'm thinking about this same 55 min turnaround too. I would be doing (1st ticket) MNL-HKG-HAN -- (2nd ticket) HAN-HKG-JFK, while my wife just does MNL-HKG (stay a while in HKG)-JFK. Anyone know if the 55 minute turnaround doable? Also, would I be able to check in for the 2nd ticket at MNL?

Edit: If this link is true (https://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea...-direct-turns/) and Vietnam doesn't allow direct turns, it looks like I'll either need a visa OR book a different route to HAN instead.

Last edited by frisbfreek; Jan 2, 2019 at 7:45 am