FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:28 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by mrcimino1
This was advertised as a "Lunch" flight. PDB's: NO. Plane arrived a few minutes late and they wanted to "get out on time." IMO, there was plenty of time to serve a few drinks to those who might want them instead of the Dasani water, but the FA did not even try. FEBO: YES. Both choices still available by the time she got to me in 2-B, salad with 4 thin slices of bar-b-cued chicken breast or a "turkey and cheese sandwich". I assumed the sandwich would be warm, but alas I was mistaken. The sandwich was ice cold and therefore the bread was hard as a rock! The meat and cheese were about half of what one would expect for a sandwich that size, but the worst thing was that there were no packets of mustard and mayo to help dress it up a bit and make it edible! How much does a packet of mustard cost, anyway? How hard would it have been for the caterer to wrap it in foil so it could be warmed in the oven? I told the FA that the meal was "disappointing" but a better word would have been "disgusting"!!! Probably ranks as the WORST meal I have ever had on a Delta flight.Thank you, bean counters, You managed to degrade what could have been an enjoyable flight. BTW, I was on a paid F fare, not a Medallion upgrade, so I think I have a right to complain and I certainly did today on delta.com.
Hardly the "chef-curated" or "chef-inspired" meals that Delta has touted.