FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA : YYZ -> HNL - $1360 CAD in BF return
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
No, its not really a MR. Works out around 6 cpm. For me, its a way to experience the new Polaris lounge in LAX & the Arrivals Lounge in SFO. Also, the TK lounge in IAD.
NB When searching for this fare, I saw AC Rouge on offer. What a joke!
This fare won't give you Polaris anything (lounge included). For that you have to be travelling between continents in J. As for United Club and other lounge access you'll need to check with the lounges in question. Some like the MLL will grant access with your J ticket whereas others like the UC may not. If you're *Gold then ya you'll have lounge access but you'd get that anyways flying Y.

What you are getting out of this is over a dozen hours of lie flat goodness, meals on board, a stack of miles when crediting to UA and the occasional lounge on the way. Last and certainly not least the pleasure of seeing all those UA 1K and Global Services fail to secure their upgrade to J whilst you sneak in with your P fare

BTW you aren't missing out much on the UC lounges - when I was at HNL they had edemame as their food on offer... Lol!

-James

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 2, 2019 at 10:44 am Reason: TOS 12