FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:44 am
TheSuj

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by IAANN
Happy New Year dear friends !
I'd appreciate your brains. Planning on going to SGN for business in January for 5 days. Looking at 600+ TP for less than £2000, possible?

Many Thanks!
Yann
Maybe what I am doing? LHR-AUH on BA WTP for £560 (or direct with BA for £612 and got a £100 price match voucher)
The AUH-CMB-CGK on UL £490 (using MyTrip). Then a budget Asian airline to SGN from there. You'll get 740tp for £1050 + flights to SGN. Also noticed that you may be able to upgrade the return AUH-LHR for £50 + 24k avios to club which seems well worth it for the overnight leg.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Welcome to FT!

As this is one ticket, no transit visa is required at CMB.

The only time I've had any issues at CMB was a few years ago when transiting between two separate tickets and I had to clear immigration. It wasn't a problem in the end, but it took ten minutes to get sorted.
thanks Wozza!

Originally Posted by chapers
Happy NY folks!

I'm pretty much doing the same route! LHR-AUH in WTP (then Dammam, KSA for a work trip). Return DMM-AUH then doing a TP run AUH-CMB-CGK with a 1 night stop over.

For Indonesia, you'll just ride on a Visa Free short visit if your stay is for 30 days max once immigration stamp your book. No sure about transit via CMB, as you're connecting then don't think there's any requirement. Someone else will confirm or put me right...

When you heading out there?
Next week! Decided to stop in SIN and maybe KUL / REP for a little bit too before I return.