FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going to China next week - any issues for Canadian travelers to China
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:13 pm
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Perfectly safe. The two subjects that got arrested got so for good reasons. As a tourist, you'll not be a target (unless the whole situation gets out of hand, which I doubt very much so) - even US Americans, despite their "gouvernments" terrible actions against China, are having no issues to travel freely through China. Let's not forget who started the whole thing.. unless Canada is escalating it further, I doubt anything will affect ANY regular traveller at all.
Wow. No evident bias here. Meng Wanzhou is alleged to have committed some legitimate crimes and she will go to trial to face those charges. Meanwhile, China understands it can't punish the US, so will focus its efforts by bullying a smaller nation. As it did with its dispute Norway a few years ago, China will posture and fluff about for a while before returning to more sensible behaviour.

I agree there should be little risk to the average traveler, despite the political nonsense being exhibited.