FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miraval Austin - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:40 pm
cevawn33

Programs: none
Miraval Austin - MASTER THREAD

Back in November a friend and I decided we wanted to go to Miraval in January. We originally tried Arizona, but there was something about it being full or some sort of issue why it wasn't good to book. I don't quite remember but it could be because we were booking on points. Because of that we decided to book Miraval Austin which was supposed to open back in November, and we thought the kinks would be worked out by when we were going. We did call and book with points, and our reservation is in their system. The place did not open in November or December, and I'm not sure if it is open now. I have not seen an opening date posted other than January 2019. The dates we have as going are later in January and are listed as available but now the rooms say the stay is not considered full service. I'm getting nervous that it might not be opened at all by the time we go, or if it is open it will not be the experience we were looking for since it would be considered a limited opening. I'm not sure how to proceed here. Our flights are already booked. Should we just hang in their and hope it opens, try to find someone at the resort who can explain if it will be opening and what happens if it doesn't open, try to see if they do open if we can get a discount since its limited service. Any help would be appreciated. I've stayed at many hotels, but never been in this situation.