FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel excluding suites from upgrades (JW Guanacasta Costa Rica)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:57 am
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin
So much unnecessary melodrama.

It’s one property. SPG also had plenty of properties that played havoc with the spirit and execution of the Plat suite upgrade—even if those were the exception and not the rule. Marriott does now, as well. Not much has changed despite the massive protests herein pretending otherwise.

Everyone pretending this is a sign of the apocalypse is more than welcome to go join the nearest cult. I’ll enjoy waving to you from my upgraded suite at the next property at which I stay, and the next after that, and the next after that. All while your prognostications of doom make for a good Lifetime movie.

Vote with your pocketbook and choose to stay elsewhere. Problem solved.

BHR- to me the concerning thing is the blatant flaunting of T&Cs on the website with no action from Marriott.

SPG was super quick to act when Properties were non compliant.

I remain cautiously optimistic about the new program and will return here on 1/1/20 to let you know what I think.

Happy New Years!