FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Banking issues when depositing MOs
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:15 am
Mamibear

Originally Posted by tuphat

As I normally do, I wrote the amount of each MO (most of them were for $999.12, mix of WU and MG) on the back of the deposit slip, totaled the numbers, made the deposit w/ a teller and got a receipt.
If you did this, then you knew the total amount of MOs you were depositing. Did you not look at the receipt you got? I've had at least two situations where I noticed immediately that the total in my receipt didn't tally so I told teller the missing amount which was corrected right then. It took me longer at the drive thru, but it saved me a lot of time calling and/or going to the bank to fix it. I have made a habit of saying how many checks I'm depositing and glance at receipt to make sure they did it right before I take off. I have no control of what the teller does with a bunch of MOs. I do not make ATM deposits of MOs at any bank.

Reviewing the deposit online several days later, I see the bank adjustment. .
If, by chance, the receipt you got at the time had the correct deposit amount, this should be enough reasons for the bank to pay for any inconvinience for whatever is missing. They should put back the adjusted amount to your account. However, if the receipt you got already had an amount missing and you took off, that is where your issue is coming from now.