FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:48 am
Ord Liza

Originally Posted by RogerD408
What was your status prior to the merge in August? How many nights and how many years? How many at year end. MPG IT seems to have favored the MR accounts over the SPG accounts in many areas, but that was the marching orders given before the merge. Only after massive complaints did they give in to allow SPG members become LTPP, and that included using combined number. Also, I don't think we have seen solid evidence that your years of status get bumped when earned or in January.

There is a very slight chance if they discover an error was made that it would be backed out, but from what you've said, should come back with the sweep. Enjoy your benefits.
I had no lifetime status before August. When the accounts were combined in August, I had sufficient nights for LTP/LTPP, but I was missing a number of years. A couple of months later, my year count changed (adding in years I thought should have been included initially), bringing me to more than 10 years. At that point, my account changed to LTP. That LTP was only achievable for me under the new rules.