FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Dec 31, 18, 11:10 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
Don't worry about that! I finally wrote in after the FA said AS didn't want any PDBs due to the potential for delaying departure, and more than one flight where the FAs had time to chat with themselves or make themselves a cup of coffee.

Didn't ask for anything and didn't receive anything. Did get a very nice response from customer care outlining the PDB policy and promising to forward my comments to inflight management. Which is all I really want.
I will be adding a few more data points shortly. Out of my last 15 flights from November 29th until this evening I was offered a PDB 3 times. SCJ-KOA December 9th and an amazing service tonight from Nik SEA-PHX after a three hour delay with a morning fog snowball effect. Despite the last delay due to a crew time-out, Nik moved immediately from his inbound flight from YYC upon landing and provided one of the best performances I have had this year. He was calling everyone by their first name before take-off; unscripted. KOA-SAN December 16th offered a PDB but only Champaign becasue POG was not catered. Nor were the nuts or anything for the snack basket.

James