FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:23 pm
Adam1

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Hello,
I have read through much of this thread, however with the recent and ongoing upgrades to the terminals at LAX, I am not sure how accurate and up to date some of the info and advice in this thread is.

If I may ask questions of my own:
For an upcoming trip I am flying out of SAN to LAX then connecting onto an international flight.
The flight from SAN is with American Eagle, landing (I believe) at LAX Terminal 5, with the connecting international flight on AA departing from Terminal 4.
Both flights are booked on the same ticket through a OneWorld Alliance partner-airline.
Does this mean my bags will be checked through onto the International flight, or will I need to check in separately at LAX for the connecting international flight?

There will be a 2 hour layover at LAX.
Is this enough time? I understand it is only a short walk between T5 and T4, however being a novice traveler, I don't quite understand if I will need to pass through a security check point at LAX, or will I only need to pass through security at SAN and then simply transfer to T4 once I arrive at LAX?
Connecting onto an international flight at LAX, will I need to pass through a customs check point, or is that only at the destination airport?

Thank you.