FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Lisbon - Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:03 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How is the location for family/tourists as opposed to business travelers? We only have one full day in Lisbon and would like something close as possible to the sights. From the map it looked like NH, HI and Radisson Blu were a bit farther from the action. Would also like to get adjoining rooms - hopefully with K & 2Ts for my children.

I think I stayed at IC Lisbon about 30 years ago, but I gather that was a different property altogether. It was a great experience. Anyone dated like me who can compare the two?!

Finally any thoughts on airport transit? Hotel car service v. taxi? We have a 10am flight back to SFO - how early should we leave?

Thanks
Many years' ago Lisbon's Intercontinetal was what is now the Ritz, next to door to the current IC.

Lisbon isn't a large city. The hotel is nicely situated next to the park, downhill all the way to the Baixa then the river. But that'll be uphill all the way back

The Marques de Pombal metro (hub) is about 5-10 minutes away.

Holiday Inn Express is about 10-15 minutes closer to downtown, just off the main avenue. It's a very nice HIX, not all that much cheaper than the IC, and often more expensive than the much further out, and rather hmmmmmmm, Holiday Inns. If you are Ambsasador/RA that might push you towards the IC and the benefits you'll receive.