FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:47 pm
Traveler Dave

Originally Posted by Splotly

The senior management have had discussions over it but haven’t firmed up plans yet nor told the staff anything definite, other than to share ideas and hear reactions. Sounds right to me not least as the new owner will presumably want a say and it’s early days. However, the staff universally believe it will be a full shutdown of the small island from just after the Easter break through to reopening just before Halloween - sounds like the sort of plan that would make sense to them seasons wise. (And I’ve been here before for Halloween and it’s a great night and busy so wouldn’t surprise me at all if they aimed for that.)

I’ve had a few conversations that suggest they’re conscious their basic Villa types are miles behind the new competition and they intend to do something that steps them firmly ahead again like 10 years ago. Sliding open roofs seemed to me a thought they’d had but they wanted to step ahead not just ‘me too’. I do hope so as this place was unreal 10 years ago.
Not sure the two are connected, but with WA opening up “around” that time, and not letting people book until at least February, it could work out nicely to transfer bookings/reservations to the WA if they close an entire section.