Old Dec 31, 18, 1:56 pm
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: San Jose, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 7
Australia Tourist Entry for Child when one Parent is Deceased


In July 2019, I will be traveling to Australia with my 13 year old. We fly into Sydney where we will stay for four days. Next, we will fly to Papua New Guinea for six days. Then, we will fly to Cairns where we will stay for seven days.

I have looked for child visa requirements and see there is a Form 1229 for the non-traveling parent to sign consent. However, I can't find anything on one parent traveling with child when other parent is deceased.

My plan is to obtain the Electronic Travel Authority plenty of time in advance to our trip. I will also bring my child's certified birth certificate, and my son's father certified death certificate. I want to assume this will be sufficient for proper entry into Australia, however, I want to make sure. I don't want to have any problems at the entry.

Does anybody know the proper entry for us, or know where on Australia's government's website I could find this information.

MomandSon is offline