FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA saved exit row seat for someone
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:48 am
NoStressHere
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I stopped flying WN years ago over these issues. I had several long-running battles (yes, it was just that) with people on this forum. Some backed my position, some didn't.

I will be flying WN again in 2019. Since I am allowed to take any open seat, I will. Period. If people balk, I tell them they have every opportunity to buy up to A1-A15 (or even EBCI) and take any open seat. They opted not to (as I will) and therefore will get what they get. As I will.

When the pain of inaction becomes greater than the pain of action, WN will finally put an end to this silliness. One way or another. As they did with A/B/C boarding. Frankly, I hope they embrace and enforce open seating. Less hassles at boarding, more revenue for WN with increased buy-ups.
Not going to argue at all with you, but apparently you are not flying the same way as the poster right after you. Some people see it as a difficulty or silliness, and some think it is just fine. Just the way it is. I do feel sorry for those people that seem to live life with so many challenges. May 2019 bring you a bit of comfort and less stress.

Here is the view from another person.

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Yesterday I flew from FLL to MSY via HOU.... I got on and began looking for 2 seats together. I asked about a few seats that were apparently being saved. I moved on. I found two together (an aisle and a middle). I put my jacket on the middle and waited for my wife who showed up a few minutes later. While boarding continued I watched as several people asked about the availability of a number of seats. Every passenger simply moved on. Everyone was polite and no one seemed to mind.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Dec 31, 2018 at 9:50 am Reason: add quote from another poster