FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San José del Cabo / Todos Santos
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:45 am
Kent

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Originally Posted by scubadu
Totally agree on reservations. We love Flora. Also had a good experience at Acre (next store) but I think we prefer Flora. We generally eat at Flora's on every trip. That said, I am concerned that Flora's is "going Hollywood" rather rapidly.

Also second La Lupita's. Great place (we also loved the Thai restaurant that was in that location for many years!). Cynthia's location is a bit less than inspiring.

Honestly, I would not burn an overnight in Todos Santos. It's an easy day trip and you can literally explore the entire downtown and have lunch in about three hours. We have been a few times and it's certainly worth the day trip (time permitting) but I personally wouldn't waste staying over night there unless there was a specific reason (e.g. they have an annual food and wine festival). There is just not a whole lot to do there.

Also, not sure why the OP wants to change properties every night. On a three night stay that is quite a hassle. We go to Cabo frequently (for over 20 years) and most of these places can be seen with an easy drive. There is a hassle factor with checking in and out of properties, especially for such short says. I'd pick one home base and just do a couple day trips.

Regards
Baan Thai was fantastic. The owner/chef will cater if you ever need to get a fix.

Petit Masala just up the road was excellent as well but they closed up after New Years and moved to Vancouver.

I'd say that is the best recommendation yet-don't spend 2 of your 3 nights in Todos Santos. It's a total day trip, but maybe spend the night there once if you absolutely have to do it.