FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 15 min layover at ORD terminal 1 (SFO-ORD-YYZ)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:37 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jennaz0000
Edit: My transfer gates are literally right next to each other (both in the same concourse and terminal)
Hi, (also I'm giving u all my flight info so please don't murder me)

So it literally just dawned on my that I only have 20 minutes to get on a plane

I'm departing from SFO to ORD and I arrive at 4:52pm then I have to get on a flight to YYZ? at 5:55 but boarding is at 5:15.
Here are some factors: My flights are both in the same terminal (terminal 1), just kind of far so I don't have to change terminals or anything (going from gates B to C at ORD), i'm boarding group one so I'm likely to board around 5:20-5:30? Chicago is currently raining I believe? So I'm hoping it doesn't get delayed due to weather conditions. This was the only connection available for the price, and this is honestly the latest I could fly due to other circumstances. It usually takes way to long to get off the plane whcih means I'll probably get off around 5 ish 5:05 (I'm sitting in row 12 aisle)? Technically there is a 1hr3min layover, but clearly not. Just wondering what I should do or get some sort of reassurance that everything will be okay!
If the ORD-YYZ flight is on time, that flight will likely still be open to boarding passengers until at least 5:35pm or 5:40pm if not even for 5-10 minutes later. Also, SFO-ORD flights tend to have a somewhat shorter actual flight time than the time the airline budgets into their schedules for ticketing purposes or can even make up some of the delay time at times. As long as your SFO-ORD flight leaves SFO no more than 20 minutes late, I would expect this to go over fine most times even if not always. Worse case, the airline can re-book you to YYZ if your flight is delayed too much. But that is assuming you have this all on one ticket.