FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands [Master Thread]
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:59 am
jb3t

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Was there last month and last year. It’s a great location and I got a great points redemption at 12k times 4 plus 5th night free. Booked under the wire with the points change.

Im a Top Level plat. Last year, I was upgraded to an awesome suite. This year, suites were all sold out and was upgraded to an oceanfront room. notes...

- the beach and service are awesome. Incredible.

- used my PLT amenity and upgraded breakfast every AM. Used my resort fee $$ to do this. The full breakfast buffet was awesome. Custom omelettes, fruits, pancakes, you name it. You eat this after 10am, no need for lunch.

- the island itself is expensive. Not terribly but everything seems to be about 20% more. We packed some booze as booze is a bit steep.

- while the resort fee is expensive, you do get value from it. Paddle board, yoga, $10 resort bucks, to name a few. Don’t love paying it but they are par for the course with other GC hotels.

Liked it so much last year that we went back this year. Would go again but would probably try St. John’s once before. Just to check it out.